Urinary Tract Health: For Researchers and Health Care Practitioners
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) Central Repository The repository offers approved researchers access to data and biospecimens from previously funded NIDDK studies.
- GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Project (GUDMAP) This NIH-funded consortium of laboratories provides the scientific and medical community with research tools, including:
- A molecular atlas of gene expression for the developing organs of the genitourinary (GU) tract
- A high-resolution molecular anatomy that highlights development of the GU system
- Mouse strains for developmental and functional studies within the GU system
- GU organogenesis tutorials
- Rapid access to primary data via the GUDMAP database
- National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) An NIDDK information service, NKUDIC provides answers to questions on kidney and urologic diseases. Various publications are available both in print and online.
- PubMed A National Library of Medicine information service, PubMed includes more than 21 million citations to biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and books.
- The University of Iowa Health Hardin Library for the Health Sciences The site provides links to journals, books, and databases for a wide range of health topics.
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network The network's eight medical centers, located across the United States, work with their coordinating center to develop and perform research studies on pelvic floor problems and how to best treat women with these disorders.
- Urologic Diseases in America Report This report incorporates current and retrospective data on all aspects of the epidemiology, practice patterns, costs, and impacts of urologic diseases in the United States.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 11/30/2012
Last Reviewed Date: 11/30/2012