Puberty and Precocious Puberty: For Researchers and Health Care Providers
- The Endocrine Society
This organization offers information about basic and applied research in endocrinology, awards and grants, and opportunities for discussion with colleagues.
- Pediatric Endocrine Society
This organization publishes an open access journal, organizes regular meetings, keeps a listing of newsgroups and listservs for health care professionals, and maintains a database of clinical studies in pediatric endocrinology.
- The MAGIC Foundation offers educational programs for school nurses and other health care professionals.
- Society for Endocrinology
This British society offers information for professionals through dedicated portals for science, clinical practice, and careers and for endocrine nurses and young endocrinologists.
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists issues clinical practice guidelines on topics including the start of menstruation, primary ovarian insufficiency in adolescents, and a girl's first reproductive health visit.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Adolescence is concerned with the health needs of adolescents.
- The following is a list of selected articles from the professional literature about puberty and precocious puberty:
- Access clinical information about precocious puberty.
- Review slides presenting a scientific and clinical overview of precocious puberty. (PDF – 339 KB)
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 11/30/2012
Last Reviewed Date: 11/30/2012