Preterm Labor and Birth: For Patients and Consumers
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists ACOG provides resources and information on obstetric and gynecological issues, including preterm birth: Frequently Asked Questions on early preterm birth (PDF – 282 KB)
- The National Center for Health Statistics, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is the nation's principal health statistics agency. Read the center's 2009 report on preterm birth, Born a Bit Too Early: Recent Trends in Late-Preterm Births (PDF – 691 KB)
- The March of Dimes Foundation provides information as part of its mission to prevent preterm birth. Read more about preterm birth in the in-depth article "Your Preterm Baby." The foundation has additional information about its activities on the pages about its Prematurity Campaign.
Services, Resources, and Support
- Graham's Foundation is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to offer both practical and emotional support to parents of extremely preterm infants.
- PreemieCare is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting families of infants born preterm through education, support, and resources.
- Share Your Story is an online community sponsored by the March of Dimes Foundation for families with infants in neonatal intensive care units.
- Sidelines National Support Network is a nonprofit organization providing international support for women and their families experiencing complicated pregnancies and preterm births.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 11/30/2012
Last Reviewed Date: 11/30/2012