Down Syndrome: For Researchers and Health Care Providers
- The Down Syndrome Consortium is a public-private collaboration that provides a forum for promoting the NIH Research Plan on Down Syndrome (PDF - 351 KB) and fosters the exchange of information on biomedical and biobehavioral research on the syndrome.
- NICHD Resources on Down Syndrome
- NIH Resources on Down Syndrome
- Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation (DSRTF), works to stimulate biomedical research that will accelerate the development of treatments to improve cognition, including memory, learning, and speech, for individuals with Down syndrome. Read about the Foundation's grant application process.
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) is a national network of university-based interdisciplinary centers. Members' activities include academic training, basic and applied research, program evaluation, and dissemination of best practices.
- Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome conducts basic, translational, and clinical research and provides medical care to people with Down syndrome.
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) promotes research, effective practices, and universal human rights for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Research Down Syndrome supports cognitive research related to Down syndrome.
- Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group (DSMIG) hosts an annual meeting and clinical symposium for professionals who provide care to individuals with Down syndrome.
- Global Down Syndrome Foundation (GDSF) works to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome through research, medical care, education, and advocacy.
- American Academy of Pediatrics publishes the journal Pediatrics, which includes articles on Down syndrome, such as Health Supervision for Children with Down Syndrome (PDF - 891 KB).
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 03/18/2013
Last Reviewed Date: 03/18/2013